Sunday, November 25, 2012

November

As usual, life moves pretty fast. I am nearing the end of my 3rd semester of grad school and I don't even know how it happened. My work is making slow progression, and hopefully in a new exciting direction.

I am going to be showing some of my new work at the Circa Gallery December 15th as part of an exciting ceramic event, Winter Ware: A Pottery Dessert Formal. If you are in Minneapolis you should stop in and check it out.







Inspiration:




Paula Hayes




Nicole Wermers

3 comments:

curt kentner said...

really love the bowl! nice to see what you are up to.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I dont know how to contact you so this seems as good a place as any. I am wondering how you get the colors you use. Are they all underglazes that have been inlaid into the clay while they are still green? Do you use a combination of glazes and inlay to get the dripping effects from your older pieces? Please let me know I would love to understand this effect. thanks!
Katie

Lydia Johnson said...

Hi Michelle,
I just wanted to let you know that I think your pots are amazing. They are so beautiful, delicate, intricate and personal. Please keep up the great work. Looking forward to when you are back on etsy.
-Lydia