Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wow..... I'm busy but still posting


I hope you all can make it to Crafty Wonderland! I will post more about that soon and after my UMN application is in but wanted to share this new platter I made. I have some new glazes that are juicy and sweet like melted Jolly Ranchers. I am sooooo looking forward to having some time off after this but knowing me will find someway to fill up my time with another project or making better work for my portfolio. More likely I will be revamping the portfolio.

Feel free to check out my Flickr page for more images.

Have a fun and festive week everyone.

8 comments:

Jesse Lu said...

Lookin' good... I'm curious how you get such thin lines in your work. Is that just form underglaze pencils or what? And what cone do you fire to?

Michelle Summers said...

Jesse,

I use a xacto knife to get some of the fine lines but also this fancy etching pencil that jewelers use to mark metals. I fire to cone 10, in oxidation.

dana said...

Michelle, HAve your work,love your work, want more but will be out of towm next weekend, how do I contact you? danalouis@earthlink.net

Jesse Lu said...

Wait what? Are you telling me some of that is mishima?

Michelle Summers said...

Jesse not exactly mishima because the color inlay is after the bisque, but is similar.

Jesse Lu said...

Oh wow, maybe I should try that with some of my decoration. I was so inspired by Molly Hatch's mishima demo but my work right now is so textured that it's hard enough applying underglaze with a squeeze pen let alone trying to carve and fill in and scrape off at the greenware stage. Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

Jesse Lu said...

P.S. You wouldn't be interested in doing an artist profile on my blog, (Mud)Bucket, would you?

Michelle Summers said...

Jesse, I would totally be up for it.