Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wonder gust


Crafty Wonderland was a wonderful success and I met so many amazing vendors and people. I might have to do one festival this summer just for the fun of it.

I finally got my house back to normal, thanks goodness. Right before a show my house becomes a battlefield and all hell breaks loose. I get so focused on getting my work done and prepping for the show everything else becomes unnecessary. So the end result is my house becomes a mighty mess. On the bright side everything gets super clean and organized as I put my house back together and after a week it’s like a whole new home and which feels fantastic. Or maybe after a month of messiness I forgot how nice my home is clean.


I started to take photos of some of my earrings and my beading station. I love beads. It’s almost an obsession but who doesn’t love shiny little bobbles? Perhaps I was a magpie in my past life. I have been a bead collector since I was in the 6th grade and can tell you how to get to almost every bead store in Portland. I don’t know if that’s something I should boast about but its true.


I use this dollhouse for my displays at the craft and art shows, but the rest of the time it makes the best storage for my beads.

Right before the craft show I took lots of photos of my ceramics and have been slowly adding them to my flickr, so make sure to pop in and take a gander. None of the pics are of professional quality but I just wanted to have some sort of documentation before I sold any thing. I am terrible at documenting my work and figured something is better than nothing.

I my next project I am working away on is an interview piece for my friend Megan’s blog, which is an amazing blog you really aughtah visit sprouting ideas listed in my I heart blogs. It's a challenge to write from the heart about my personal experiences as an artist, but I'll try my best. Until then keep it sweet.

3 comments:

Adelaide B said...

I use my cup that I bought from you at Crafty Wonderland all the time. It makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Summers said...

Adelaide, thanks I am so happy my ceramics found a good home.

jen said...

hey michelle,

a coworker of mine discovered your work the other day and shared it with me. we love it! I wondered if you might be interested in doing a how-to article for ceramic arts daily on your drawing/painting technique?

if so, email me at jharnetty@ceramics.org! thanks!
jen harnetty
editor, ceramicartsdaily.org