Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Siren Crafts and Sea Creatures



Alert to all Portland Oregon folks: I will be a vendor at the Siren Nation Arts and Craft Sale and I hope some of you guys can make it out to the event. I also suggest checking out the Siren Nation website for info on the other events during the week of the festival.
SO WOW, I mean wow. I cannot believe how fast October went by and I feel like I have little to show for the month. But sometimes the best things come out of the slower and more thoughtful moments where I may have little to show in product but more to be seen in progress. Or at least I hope that will be the case.
I’m already feeling tired thinking about all the glazing I will be doing this week but at the same time excited to see what comes out of the kiln.



Current favorite book:
Archipelago: Portraits of Life in the World's Most Remote Island Sanctuary. This is a gorgeous book that I must own someday! Creatures and plants of the ocean have always amazed and fascinated me so what could be better than a book chuck full of sexy pictures of them. (No perversion was meant in use of the adjective “sexy” to describe the images)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, Michelle! Thank you! Thank you! Your package was SOOOOOO awesome to get when I returned home. Your Etsy shop looks great too and it looks like you're having some serious success! I'm so inspired and jazzed up! I have so much to blog about this last month in Vermont but for now I need to get photoshop to function. Images and words to come! Thank you for the book reference. That is the most insanely beautiful creature on the cover. I must find it!! I hope you're having a great end of October. Much love! xoxo
m