Tuesday, October 13, 2009

12 dollar day



I almost broke down and bought a Betsy Walton Print on Sunday, she is one of my all time favorite artists so it was a hard call. But I told myself, new car and grad school first then I can think about collecting art. Maybe if fate steps in I will meet Betsy at a show, she will see my work and happily ask to do a trade. Ahhh... I can dream cant I.

The Crafty Wonderland Sale was a success. In fact a little too successful as now I am almost out of stock and have only a few things to post on etsy. However now I have a little more room in my apartment and of course I'm a little richer too.

Next Monday I will find out if I got into the Crafty Wonderland Super Colossal Holiday Sale! Great name for a craft show right? I just have to wait in nervous anticipation till then, but while doing so I am already making working for it. Supposedly it’s the hottest crafty DIY show of Portland during the holidays so I am very excited to try it out and see how it goes.

My buddy Eric was teasing me that I need to make some 12-dollar mugs for sale. At first I laughed at him and then I took it as a challenge. I'm going to try working fast, no over thinking or spending serious time for detailing or glazing. Just some fast and simple mugs that still have some sort of pizzazz. At the same time I will use them partly as glaze tests so that I also learn a little more about my glazes in the process. I am having so much fun making them I can't wait to see how they come out.


I wanted to show this photo of my last time ever setting up on Alberta’s Last Thursday. I shouldn't say “ever” because absolutes are never good, too restricting. But since it has become so crowded and crazy this past year I realized the good times have come to an end. So farewell last Thursday, perhaps I will upgrade to selling at First Thursday.

1 comment:

my santo said...

i too am thinking of grad school, where are you looking? wanna go together? wanna trade?

i love your work, it's amazing! i think we met briefly at alfred while i was visiting years ago. shu mei sent me one of your cards from your show in bloomington, and from then on i have been on the lookout for awesome stuff from you.

send me an email, we've got lots to talk about!