Thursday, July 30, 2009

new game plan


Megan Bisbee-Durlam


Portland right now is hot and I’m not talking sexy hot. I mean a hundred and nine degrees and not much cooler in my apartment unbearably hot. I was in such a melt down I couldn’t bring myself to finish glazing and load a kiln in such weather. Sadly now I don’t have enough work ready to set up shop on Last Thursday on Alberta. FYI, if you don’t know Last Thursday in Portland is a crazy street market mostly comprised of artists.

My counter measure plan is to try and do First Thursday in the Pearl. Hopefully the weather will cool down and this will work out better.

I just had to post this Painting by Megan Bisbee-Durlam, I never tire of looking at it. The shapes, squiggles, color and so many different line qualities hypnotize me. I don’t know why but her website seems to be down at the moment however her blog is in fine form if you get the itch to see more of her images.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow!! Thanks for posting my painting! I do like that one. Soon it will be in my apartment I think because it hasn't sold yet so the gallery is waiting for me to take it off their hands (they don't know that I will be moving to NY... I really should tell them.) Now to check out your other blog entries...

Megan said...

p.s. My website is back up! www.meganbisbeedurlam.com
What a lovely web-savy husband I have.

Michelle Summers said...

I am so excited its back up. I have moments when I need a Megan art fix, it always perks me up.