Saturday, February 14, 2009

Short and Sweet


Short and Sweet, that’s how I will try and keep this post. Above is one of my plates for the up and coming show at the Bloomington Clay Studio.

So today I had one of those days in the studio, a crappy one. Everything I made came apart or just did not work which made me frustrated which lead to fuming and finally a dramatic climax of throwing down my work and walking away brooding. Kyle took refuge in the bedroom with a book while I anchored my self down on the couch with the laptop.

I am much better now. But I just had to walk away and tell myself tomorrow was another day. I am sure I will do better after a good night sleep and an internet art date while eating my cereal in the morning. My friend Megan told me it’s good to go out and see art + find inspiration which ='s the art date. I don't always have the time to go walk around town so I get on line and collect images and websites. Here are a few to inspire you like they do me. Enjoy!

HoBo

JK Keller

4 comments:

Megan said...

Those websites are awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I really miss being able to go out to book stores on art dates. I have been getting better at enjoying an internet art date, but I look forward to being back in VT where I have so much great stuff to see and cool artists to hang out with. I hope you got inspired by your own art date!!

ashdebeaula said...

Hey Michelle,

Perhaps this is a silly question but, I was wondering if you will be attending your opening in March? I have friends in that town and would love to visit and see you and your work at the same time. Congrats on your show. Your work is really looking great!
Talk to you soon.

From Buffalo Ashley

Michelle said...

Ashley,

That’s not a silly question because I am going to be there to set up and be at the opening. I would be thrilled to see you there and spend some time with you. I’m arriving on the 25 to the 29th and I believe the opening is the 28th. I do hope to see you there then. Call me if you are and if you would like to meet before the show. ;)

Michelle

ashdebeaula said...

Hey Michelle,

I am writing to wish you luck at your opening. I got an email announcing your show and workshop. I hope that all goes well. Unfortunatly I won't be able to see it. A job has come up that I need to stay here for. Best of Luck! I hope you post images of your work and the show after it is all done.Talk to you soon.

From your friend Ashley