Monday, December 29, 2008

Sick Craft Fever


Life’s whirlwinds had taken me away for a while but I’m back and posting again, hooray!

During the holidays I got a cold, and took residence for a week on my couch cuddling along side a box of tissues. During that time I spent many hours surfing the net, getting inspired and then eventually getting crafty making Christmas decor.

I am not much a fan of the holidays, but this year under the influence of sickness I somehow got into the holiday spirit and made a wreath. My wreath does to fit in the typical norm of the Christmas theme, but over all its green and I think it’s festive. And as my mum would say, “it only matters what you think honey”. So thank you Katie Runnels of The Constant Gatherer
for inspiring this creation of mine and filling my recovery time with joy.

These are a few pairs of the earrings I assembled over the week. There are more posted on my Flickr account too.


Forest Party




Honey and Colver




Candy Whipper


I'm going back to the studio now to get my hands dirty, and hopefully make something magnificent. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Katie Runnels said...

Your wreath is Fantastic!! I love the green capped mushroom-did you make or find it?? Thanks so much for the mention too-very kind of you! Happy New Year-and hope you're feeling better! xo

Megan said...

Ohhhh! I'm so happy you posted such a lovely and inspiring entry!!! Your new earrings look great and the wreath is stellar!!! Happy New Year! xoxo

mich+mash said...

Thank you guys for reading my post ;) Katie, all my little plastic parts I gather are from vintage stores and garage sales. The mushroom I found at my favorite little store called “Why Buy New” in Whitesville NY. The owner gets lots of vintage craft materials and all around odd stuff from cleaning out attics or from donations by locals. Its out in the middle of No Where’s Ville but it’s a great place to get craft parts super cheep. But of course its always a be a hit or miss visit like any other second hand store!

steph said...

pretty pretty earrings! and i love that idyllic wreath. so sweet. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Happy New Year!

Sara said...

I have your earrings- the candy whipper ones - and EVERY TIME I wear them I get compliments. Crazy. I think I bought them from you in 2009 before I left Portland.

I saw your new ceramics-- gorgeous.

:) Good luck in Minneapolis! (I was raised in MN- good people there.)