Friday, October 10, 2008

Studio Nest


After much consideration I have turned my little dinning area into a little ceramics studio. I don’t think I have ever been so diligent in keeping my studio this clean but it’s a good healthy practice none the less. It’s been a few weeks now and I love having the natural light and the sweet smell of basil while I work.

So I am working hastily in preparation for my craft sale at the Kennedy School next month and my show this spring at the Bloomington Clay Studio. This week was a lot of sketching and researching for new subject material and form reference. In the process I discovered some amazing artist’s web sites and sprouted some new ideas.



This little ceramic stool by Asa Jacobson is beautifully placed in her garden being visited by a chicken. What a wonderful image, it makes me want to have my own little chicken and tomato plants.

2 comments:

megan said...

Your studio is a dream boat as far as I`m concerned! It must make you feel so inspired and happy to work there. I recently found a beautiful old cupboard in the school`s "trash" from the old nurse`s room and made Mikel help me get it home. At first he thought I was crazy but then we both totally realized how amazing it made my studio feel. A good studio feeling is so important!

mich+mash said...

MEGAN,
A nice studio does make a major difference in getting "my" butt in the studio to get some work done. Can't wait to see some more of your pieces!