Monday, October 20, 2008

Crafty Wonderland


Craft fair creations are in full swing for the next few weeks. I realized I don't need to make a million things, just enough to fill the booth + some. It's also important to keep up a good quality of craft as to not just end up making "stuff". So while I am working away for this fair I am also preparing for my show this spring. Many of the things I am going to be selling are secretly prototypes for my show. It's the learning curve of trying new things out in ceramics, the first ones are practice. Every once in a while I'll luck out and the first run of making a new forms turns out great, but like most things……. practice, practice, practice.

I do have a paired down line of dishes I make to keep the price down, but I still think they are cute and edgy. Here are a few of the paired down group waiting for a trip to the kiln.

If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm just in the grind of things. I will post some details of the new pots as they come out of the kiln in a few weeks.

3 comments:

megan said...

hey! I'm tagging you! See my blog for details.
xo!
Meg

steph said...

Hi Michelle! I'm so glad to have found your blog through Meg's! stop by mine anytime...i'd love to have you lurking about.

Michelle said...

Thanks guys ;)